The Jewish communities of Bungay and Thetford are established before this date, and almost certainly before start of the reign of Henry II in 1154.
The Abbey of St Edmunds falls deeply into debt to the Jewish community, during the rule of Abbot Hugh. This is due to official borrowing by the abbot and unofficial borrowing by the sacristan and the cellarer.
The Jewry in Bury St Edmunds is established. The Jews largely come from Bungay and Thetford, after Henry II effectively removed their protection under Hugh de Bigod.
Abbot Samson suceeds Abbot Hugh. The Jewish community interfere in the election, backing a failed bid by the sacristan to become abbot. Samson deposed the sacristan on his election and reduces the debt to the Jewish community.
On Palm Sunday, 18th March, 57 Jews are slaughtered. Subsequently, the rest of the town's Jews are expelled by the abbot.
Isaac of St Edmunds is killed at Thetford, leaving an orphan in Bedford.
There is no evidence of a community at Bury in the Northampton Donum. However, Jews do appear to return to Bury at some point after this.
Jews of Bury St Edmunds are recorded in the London House of Converts.
The tradition that Moyse's Hall is Jewish is recorded for the first time.
The Sampson family live in Bury St Edmunds and their children are born there. They eventually emigrate to South Carolina.
The London Society preaches conversion to Jews in the town.
One of the last Jewish families in Bury St Edmunds is the Hyams family.
Baron Wandsworth lives in Bury St Edmunds.
Moyses Hall is an important tourist attraction and a museum.